A creamy, delicious Summertime treat! This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
Original Recipe Yield 4 quarts
* 6 eggs, beaten
* 3 1/2 cups white sugar
* 10 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
* 4 cups heavy cream
* 2 cups half-and-half cream
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. In large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth; puree peaches in blender or food processor and stir 5 cups of puree into egg mixture. Stir in cream, half-and-half, vanilla and salt and mix well.
2. Pour mixture into freezer canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Get out your ice cream maker and we'll let you in on some of the secrets of sweet success with homemade ice cream.