Easy and festive brisket recipe is goof-proof and very tasty. Really good with a glass of Lambrusco, a sparkling red wine, or with ale. 10 servin.gs
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
* 1 (6 pound) beef brisket
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 2 cups water
* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Stir together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, brown sugar, and meat tenderizer. Rub the spice mixture generously all over the brisket. Place the meat on a baking sheet with the fat layer up.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour; remove from oven, and lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Mix soy sauce with water in a bowl, and pour the liquid into a roasting pan. Transfer the brisket into the roasting pan. Sprinkle the meat with the crushed pineapple.
4. Cover the roasting pan tightly with foil, return to oven, and bake for 3 more hours. Cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 495 | Total Fat: 37.7g | Cholesterol: 112mg