This is a fast, easy way to make creamed soups. You can also use most any frozen vegetable. Cream of broccoli is also delicious.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 25 Min
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 3 cubes chicken bouillon
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 cups milk
* 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, combine water, bouillon, and spinach. Bring to a boil, and cook until spinach is tender.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Season with minced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in spinach mixture.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 227 | Total Fat: 12.9g | Cholesterol: 38mg