"Hong Kong Style Chinese recipe! Crispy battered shrimp tossed in creamy sauce topped with sugar coated walnuts"
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
* 1 cup water
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup walnuts
* 4 egg whites
* 2/3 cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
2. Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency. Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
3. In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 605 | Total Fat: 26.3g | Cholesterol: 180mg