"Easy and light pasta with tomatoes and garlic. Cooked chicken breast chunks or shrimp can also be added to sauce for a great main dish!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
* 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
* crushed red pepper to taste
* freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 478 | Total Fat: 16.9g | Cholesterol: 1mg